The lady who’s office I was occupying has returned from vacation and thus I am sitting in my dad’s office, which is where this photo was taken. Some things to note:
- My dad is loud. Obviously, we are related. But that means I have to look like an asshole wearing huge headphones to listen to music while I write.
- I have lost my tan. This is the thing I hate the most about New York City.
- Look at how tired I am. Do you know why? This is because ONE night of drinking/partying in NYC ruins me. That’s all it takes. LA has softened me — I am accustomed to bars closing at 2am and not being able to drink all that much because I often have to drive and early dinners of inexpensive Mexican food and waking up before nine am the next day to go to yoga. If I really did live here permanently I’d either have to form a cocaine habit or become a recluse.
- I’m still thinking about how not tan I am.
- You can’t see it, but this is actually a sleeveless shirt, that I’m realizing looks a lot like a Ladies Golf polo type-thing (hence my outfit description tweet earlier) except it’s silky-ish and is from Urban Outfitters or something and I’m wearing it with a pair of high-wasted red silk shorts and some beaded Southwestern style belt and I was not thinking much when I got dressed this morning.
- So pale.
- Don’t let the ladies at those cheap manicure/pedicure salons on Main Street in Santa Monica ever wax your eyebrows because they will still look uneven two months later.